I used Fudge Haircare back in the day, and loved it. However, I moved away from using it as it is a bit pricey. Anyway I spotted they had a sale on Look Fantastic. I was a bit too excited!
Fudge Make-A-Mends Shampoo – this is described as a protein shake for dry and damaged hair. It has Marula and grape seed oil, also sulfate free. This lathers so nicely and not too much it’s hard to wash out, my hair feels smooth after using this not like dry and ratty like some shampoos make my hair feel. Smells soooooo good as well… like the whole range.
Fudge Make-A-Mends claims as above but says this has an extreme conditioning formula… and this has the same effect like most hair masks I’ve used. My favourite hair mask is the Tresemme Keratin Smooth mask… I will always buy that I think for pamper nights but this conditioner is so hydrating, I leave it in for a few minutes and when I wash it out my hair is so silky and easy to get a brush through.
Fudge Tri Blo, prime, shine and protect blow dry spray, wow this smells incredible. I use this through my towel dried hair before blasting with the hair dryer. It defends against the heat.. and I’ve noticed my hair dries so much quicker. It’s like a fine mist and non sticky.
Fudge Ends Miracle Soothing treatment for soft silky ends. I literally use the tiniest amount of this… it’s expensive.. I’m not going to soak my hair in it and a lot really isn’t needed. After straightening my hair I used this and it literally does what it claims… smooths and tames. It also smells INCREDIBLE!
I know the Fudge Haircare is slightly more expensive than products you get in Boots etc but I really feel like I’ve invested in this range. I enjoy using it and doing my hair seems less of a chore because it all smells amazing.
Have you tried Fudge Haircare before? Do you have any recommendations? XO
I dislike Summer, a lot. The heat and the stickiness drives me nuts. However the bonus of Summer is minimal make up (cough… effort) so here is what I have been using pretty much every day to make me look a little more human.
The Manna Glo Iluminator – I have been using this mainly on my cheeks to give myself a glow… and following this up with the Bourjois Healthy Mix concealer under my eyes and on any blemishes (I have a few at the moment… hormones) blend this out with the Real Techniques buffing brush.
Taking my Spectrum blush brush A05 I swipe my Nars Laguna in a 3 shape on my face so it looks a little less round.
Bit of Benetint on my cheeks to make me look alive and I also put this on my lips too so they look healthier finishing those with some Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream.
I spruce the brows up with this Kiko Milano Precision eyebrow pencil. This is a great pencil, really pleased I picked this up… he fills in the sparse areas with minimal effort.. they probably look like rubbish but still… I made some effort haha.
For the eyes I have been using the L’Oréal Baby Roll Mega Volume mascara in waterproof.. I cry… a lot… mainly at cat videos on YouTube, wedding proposals, baby announcements and random adverts… I’m a bit of a sensitive sausage.
What are your Summer staples? XO
Probably one of the easiest posts for me to ever write or plan. These will be of no surprise if you have read my blog for awhile but I always think it’s good to recap on the staples every now and then.
- Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish – I know shock horror. I have always loved this cleanser and always will. I use other products but as I have found in recent times when I am down etc this is my cleanser that offers some comfort. It removes all my make up and never makes my skin feel dry afterwards.
- Emma Hardie Moringa Cleansing Balm – this is my treat cleanser, once a week treat to be precise. It is pricey so I like to make this last. It smells incredible and removes my make up and skin in one. My skin feels so nourished after using this.
- Tea Tree Oil – this product is such a simple one but so effective, I get a spot I dab a bit of this on before bed and by morning it’s drying up.
- Nuxe Dry Oil – this Oil can be used everywhere, face, hair, nails and body so great to take on holiday and save taking multiple products. I don’t use this everyday as I am trying to use some other products up which are also good but the smell of the Nuxe oil is incredible and wins hands down.
- Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream – bit of a cliche I feel but I do genuinely love this, mainly for my lips, it keeps lips soft and hydrated. If I don’t have my OPI nail oil in my bag I do use this, this is also great for dry patches of skin and when you have a sore nose when you have a cold. It can be used everywhere. It’s my go to when on holiday as tames the brows, adds a gloss to the lashes and even on top of the cheekbones as a subtle highlight.
What are some of your staples? Xx
Before the wedding I really struggled to get my nails to play the game, I always had visions of my wedding nails being long and my own… generally just natural looking. I ended up with acrylics for the day because if my nails grew.. they soon broke.
After the wedding I was under less stress and decided to go back to basics when it came to nail care.
Once I soaked the acrylics off my nails, they were so weak and unhappy (although quite long) I decided to trim my nails down and start fresh. Once trimmed these are the steps I took initially to get my nails looking healthy..
- Filed my nails into my natural shape (in one direction.. no see saw motion on my watch)
- Used cuticle remover and gently pushed my cuticles back and removed excess cuticle.
- Gently buffed the nail bed so was an even surface.
- Massaged cuticle oil into each nail for 20 seconds per nail to promote growth and to hydrate the nail.
- I didn’t paint my nails for a good week after removing acrylics.
What I did throughout the week:
- Filed my nails at least every other day
- Massaged cuticle oil into my nails daily
- Pushed my cuticles back once a week
I then decided to use gel polish to keep my nails strong. I am glad I gave my nails the week break before hand. Although once I have gel polish on I do not file my nails I still feel it is so important to use cuticle oil daily. It takes seconds and makes all the difference. I make sure I remove and re do my gel polish every 2 weeks. I never peel the polish off and this has made a huge difference to my nails and their strength.
I wish I had taken a picture of my nails before they grew but they were so ugly haha. But here is a picture of my nails now…
Let me know what tips you have to keep your nails strong and healthy. X
Only felt right that my 100th post that was due to go live on my mums birthday should be all about her.. after all mum is the first one to read my posts! So here is an open letter to my incredible mum!
Dear Mum, here is a blog post all about YOU! Happy birthday, although you’re sunning yourself in Tenerife (again haha) so I know you’ll have a great day… even though you’re not with your favourite. It’s ok… I know… I think deep down Kev knows too (jokes…sort of).
These are the reasons why I love you –
- You are always here – always and I love it. You might think you over stay your welcome but you never do and never can.
- Your hugs just seem to fix everything, like magic… or is it actually magic?!
- You’re not only the best mum but the best Nan… ever!
- You look after my amazing dad!!
- We think the same, I love how we can be anywhere and with one look just know what each other are thinking. Whether that’s something funny or something sad… you just know.
- How you’re always cutting something out… cough… like salt… haha!!
- Your driving… just leaving that one there!
- You always think of everything… apart from the time you got rid of the bath… then regretted it.. didn’t quite think that one through did you lovey.
- You worry, although this is something I would change and you relax a little. I love how you worry but tell me not to worry. And vice versa… such a great team lol!
- You are so generous not only with things, food, money but your time. Which means more than anything.
- Our spa days… the memories of just everything we do. We laugh so much and I love that more than anything.
- You like my friends… you get on with my friends just as much as I do.. that’s amazing.
The one thing I wish I could change is for you to be more sure on yourself. You doubt everything and it makes me sad that you don’t see what everyone else sees. From asking if you look ok to your house is a mess comment. Which it never is and you always look perfect.
I could ramble forever but I won’t.. because you have some sunbathing to do, but I love you, you’re my best friend. Sounds a bit cliche but I really mean it.
PS. You have no idea how hard it was not to use some of the classic photos I have but I thought you’d disown me haha!!
Always the exciting part of the month when my GB or LF beauty box comes through the door. I’ve made no secret of the disappointment I sometimes feel though. However, not this month!! Really happy with this months box!
Monu Spa First Defence Soothing After Sun – this claims to be for all skin types and although I’m not one to be sitting in the sun at the moment this smells so nice and glides on the skin so nicely I will get use out of this whether I’ve been in the sun or not.
Papanga Hair Bands are bigger than the usual plastic spring hair bands which is amazing for someone with thick hair (like me!) I received a clear and a black band. There is also 20% with this months glossy box so will stock up on these.
Cutebalms Macaroon Tint Balm in Crushed Berry, this smells so sweet but not over powering and gives a lovely Tint to the lips, I was feeling lazy and popped this on my cheeks too and worked really well. So perfect for the hand bag.
Bellapierre Cosmetics Banana Setting Powder, I have wanted to try and proper banana powder for ages so this will be a perfect addition to my make up collection. I will give this a whirl next time I contour…
I’ve left the most exciting for last, I’ve wanted a fan brush for a long time and never taken the plunge and bought one (not sure why!) anyway in this months box I received the Spectrum Fan Brush. I used this for highlighter straight away and it’s changed everything… well.. changed how I put on highlight anyway.
So overall really chuffed with this months box! Do you get Glossybox? Were you happy? XO
I love reading these posts as always like to find new films to watch… Problem with me is I’m very cliche and no doubt there won’t be any new ones in here… however, let me know your all time favourite film in the comments!
In no particular order:
- Dirty Dancing
- Mean Girls
- Top Gun
- White Chicks
- Look Who’s Talking
- Wild Child
- Finding Nemo
I could literally write a list of 100 as love films! Especially snuggled on the sofa in Winter with fluffy socks and a blanket. X